To celebrate excellence in retailing, GAMA presents the Power Retail Awards! The Power Retail Awards offer the hobby game industry an opportunity to recognize and honor its most innovative and professional retailers.
Submission forms must be received by GAMA no later than 11:59 PM (EST) on January 31, 2017 to be considered for an Award.
The Awards have 3 categories, recognizing both overall excellence and outstanding achievement in specific areas of hobby game retail.
Outstanding Store Design
This is your chance to show off why customers say “Wow!” when they walk in the door. From your exterior signage to displays to fixtures to graphic design and layout; what about your store stands out? What do you do to give your store a unique look while informing your customers? Take pictures, shoot video, and discuss your design philosophy.
You have a great looking store, but what are you doing to get customers in the door? Break down your marketing plan and show how you’ve developed your web presence, advertising, promotions, sponsorship, media awareness, community outreach and support. We want to hear about the best the most innovative aspects of your business communication and message-building to your current and potential customers.
Outstanding Organized Play
How do you turn play into revenue that keeps coming back? Lay out why you feel your Organized Play program has been a success and some of the things you do that help keep it that way. Pictures and video of events will help get across the nature of your space and how you use it, and solid numbers (attendance, sales, etc.) will help back them up.
- Previous winners are not eligible for nomination again in the category in which they won, but are free to be nominated in other categories.
- For all categories the nominee must be in regular retail operation for at least one full year.
- Anyone (retailers, customers, publishers, business partners, suppliers, etc.) may nominate a store. You may even nominate your own store!
- Only GAMA member stores are eligible for consideration.
What Do I Win?
The winner of each category will be announced at the GAMA Dinner on Tuesday evening of the GAMA Trade Show in Las Vegas. An award for Outstanding Store will also be given at the show. This award is the crowning achievement of specialty games retailing. It goes to the “best in show” of the nominees and represents all aspects of a successful hobby game retail business model.
Winners also receive:
- Product from our exhibiting distributors ($500 retail) chosen by you and shipped to your store from the show! Outstanding Store winner receives $1500 in product. Winners must be present to claim this prize.
- An award to display at your store
- Your store listed as a winner on ICV2.com
- Posting in the following Origins and GAMA Trade Show site books
- Listing on the GAMA page (with store website)
- Opportunity to present to your peers at the following year’s GAMA Trade Show (Presenters are compensated one hotel night at the show)
How do I submit my store?
Please fill out the form below to submit your store for the awards! You will need to submit four photos of your store with your submission (jpeg or png only, high quality images). These photos will be used for evaluation as well as before and during the ceremony at the GAMA Trade Show.
For questions, please feel free to contact the GAMA office (614) 255-4500, pr(at)gama.org or the Retail Chair at GRDChair(at)gama.org.